Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What's the point of threading your eyebrows? is it better than waxing or plucking?

I would assume that threading would be about the same result as plucking or waxing right? i mean, does it last longer? I saw some videos on youtube of people doing it themselves and i was thinking wow, it has to be easier to just wax or pluck...i don't get it. help me out here. what's so great about threading? Or is it just something that people in india (etc) do and we're picking up on it here in america?What's the point of threading your eyebrows? is it better than waxing or plucking?
It lasts longer, but tweezing and waxing is so much easier.What's the point of threading your eyebrows? is it better than waxing or plucking?
Its just a way that certain cultures remove unwanted hair. I am not positive but I don't believe it would last any longer than plucking or waxing as they all 3 remove the follicle. Although I don't think I'd be able to do it I had a co-worker do it on my arm once because I thought it looked cool but couldn't figure out how they did it. (no,not my whole arm just a few hairs) It doesn't hurt a bit and she actually removed a couple hairs without me feeling anything but the piece of thread going accross my skin. It takes skill to do it as I tried and tried but couldn't even get the thread on my fingers like she did. I just liked learning something about someone elses culture.
threading is a lot better, I get it done, its better then waxing. waxing makes everything puffy and red and burns like hell for a few days. threading is virtually painless. you feel the pluck once in a while, but its not bad, its no worse then plucking pain.





I would recommend going to a professional (its pretty cheep) and they can thread your entire face and you don't really feel it. it also doesn't do all the damage waxing dose, waxing pull and rips your skin apart and makes it age and get bad looking faster.





I never get waxing any more, I always do threading, no pain, no red swelling, and no bad damage.
I had my brows threaded a couple of times in India. It looks differently from plucking but it's quite nice for a change. The hairs are a bit shorter after threading. I still haven't figure out which method I prefer. I think that plucked and nicely shaped brows with a bit of colored gel after all looks nicer. Threading does hurt more by the way. You have to pull your skin really tight and press on your eyes while the lady is threading you. That doesn't feel nice. I don't see how you can do it yourself. I couldn't do it unless I would be crying! Even plucking makes me gonna cry or sneeze. That's why I prefer to have them done and shaped in the salon.
I've had all three done, and I much prefer threading -- none of them are painless, but the threading has had the best result for me. I have very sensitive skin, so always had trouble with redness afterward...when I get them threaded, no aftereffects -- and it looks great. Since it's all hair removal at the root, I doubt any last longer than any other...but threading is the most affordable (I don't think I could do it myself...)
it def lasts longer then waxing. you also get a really nice shape and it doesnt hurt. however, you would not be able to just do it for yourself. its a skill that takes A LOT of time and practice to learn and perfect. go to the mall and get it done. i highly reccomend it
wow shes really pretty i wish i had eye like her i need a eye lid lift - any ways looks cool but i think i would have a pro do it for a bit before i tried it





i know a lot of people in hollywood etc do it -- it makes the eye brows really look pretty
threading is amazing to me because it always makes the best shape. it is cheap. it doesn't leave you terribly red like waxing. and it is very quick. mine stayed good for a while (about 3 weeks).
Threading is a good choice as it has minimal pain and no wax involved.
it lasts longer
huh. i never knew there was such a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment