Saturday, August 21, 2010

I am embarrased to tell my mom I need to get my eyebrows waxed...?

Whenever I do, she tells me it's ridiculous. I have veryyyyy bushy eyebrow and want to get them done profesionally. She says I'm being stupid and she says I'm too young. I'll be starting High School next year and I rlllllllyyyyyy want to get them done. But she yells at me whenever I ask. HELP!!!!!!!!!!I am embarrased to tell my mom I need to get my eyebrows waxed...?
SAME HERE. i want to get mine done really bad, but my mom wont do it. everytime i ask she just acts like i didnt just ask her something. so do you pluck your eyebrows? or do you not do anything? if you pluck them say, mom please let me do it this once. and if you dont do anything to your eye brows right now, then ask her to pluck them for you and start out just plucking them. btw the wax used when waxing eyebrows can irritate your skin. my friend broke out really bad after wards, that was at the start of school, and she still is having problems. one friend also started bleeding from it.I am embarrased to tell my mom I need to get my eyebrows waxed...?
same here. what i do is i take a tweezer and do as much as i can by myself and atleast groom them so they dont look bushy.. my mom wont let me actually make my eyebrows until i go to high school.. so til then, i pluck them and it works pretty well :)
Getting your eyebrows waxed is like 7 dollars.


Do it without her knowing.


if anything just pluck them for now so they dont look as bushy.
so i'm assuming you're in 8th grade? wait til you guys take graduation photos (with the gap and gown) and ask her if you can get them done, so you can look good for your pictures. =]
Ask your mother to make an appointment for you and ask her to go with you to have them done. Let her know that you would like to include her on this new change in your growing into a young adult.


Dont yell, that only shows immaturity, but rather, sit down with her at lunch ( just the two of you) and have a Mature conversation about this, explain that this area in your life is becoming embrassing and you only want to improve your looks as a young lady.


Mothers are sometimes afraid to let go of their babies, as they sometimes see them, if is sad to watch your baby grow into a young lady, it makes some mothers feel as though they are losing their little one, you can assure her that you will always be in her life, as a young lady and in the years to come. Let her know that you love her, and want to include her in this new time of your life.


Good Luck, and have a Nice Lunch with your Mother.
Let her pluck them to begin, then tell her your reasons next time they need done. Thats what i did. waxing hurts. that's why i just pluck. looks gorgeous!
Your mother probably is concerned that if you start this now it will be something you will need to continue with all your life. If on the other hand you sit her down and have a calm talk and tell her that ';your eyebrows'; are something that lower your self confidence and self esteem, she'll probably understand...as I think the majority of women pluck their eyebrows!! Assure her that you don't want to do anything ';freaky';!

No comments:

Post a Comment